Pantry cleaning day! And I found a packet of ground almonds lying there helplessly. I have no idea why I got them in the first place. Usually I would have planned my shopping trip and buy things I truly going to use ASAP. This guy skipped my watchful eyes! I might have had the idea of doing something spectacular on that day, but I could barely recall back what it is.
I made the easy way out. The Moon Spell Cookies were interesting and they caught my eyes. Over Brownie Promise, I did not stick to their original recipe. I felt that it lacked something. For this I made do by grating the dried nutmegs and add a teaspoonful of cinnamon powder while doubling up the content. HAHA I have that much of ground almonds.
Now lets get to the recipe.
Nutmeg Almond CookiesPrint This
- 2 cups of Ground Almond
- 2 and 1/2 cups of Flour
- 1/2 cup of Confectioner's Sugar
- 1 cup of Butter
- 1 whole Egg Double A size
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 2 tbsp Grated Nutmeg
- In a mixing bowl combine the ground almond, flour, sugar, cinnamon powder and grated nutmeg.
- Beat the butter, whole egg and egg yolks till fluffy.
- Add in the mixed dry ingredients into the butter and egg yolk mixture a little at a time till all are well combined.
- Wrap it in a cling wrap or place it in a tupperware then let it rest in the refrigerator for 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 160 degree Celcius, for ten minutes.
- While at it, remove the cookie batter from the fridge and roll out flat before cutting into your desired shape.
- Arrange the cookies on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies for 20 minutes and remove it right after and cool it.
- If you’d like, sprinkle some icing sugar on the cookies for added sweetness.