How To Make Begedil (Fried Potato Patties) with Smoked ChickenPrint This
- 7 Potatoes (800g) - peeled, and cut into thin wedges, or even smaller.
- 8 Rose Onion- peeled and sliced into rings
- 2 stalks of Spring Onions - thinly sliced
- 3 stalks of Parsley - finely chopped
- 1 (145g-160g) Smoked Chicken Breast-diced finely
- 1 tsp of Black Peppercorn -ground
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- 1 Egg (double A sized, used two if you are using C)- slightly beaten.
- Approximately 2 cups of Oil for deep frying. ( If you can use Air-Fryer that would be great)
- Heat up oil in a wok on high (I use Electric Stove, so that would be about 240°C. )
- Lower the heat slightly, then add in the ringed onions. (Be extra mindful when frying them, cause they have high chances of turning black fast within seconds. ) Keep stirring with your spatula, just when it turns light yellow, you can remove it from heat to a bowl covered with paper towel to absorb the oil. Set aside.
- With the same oil, fry all the potatoes till it turns golden brown in color. Set aside on a bowl of paper towel to cool.
- Mix every remaining ingredients except egg and the seasonings in a big mixing bowl.
- Add in the fried onions and potatoes.
- Mash up the potatoes in the bowl till its smooth and mushy.
- Add in the seasonings ( salt and pepper) and mix well. Knead if you must to ensure all the ingredients are well combined and evenly spread.
- Shape the mixture into a ball about 2.5 -3 inches diameter. Tap it so that it’s flat on both sides, and make sure its edges doesn’t break.
- Coat it with the beaten egg and fry them quickly, back in the hot oil for few seconds until its surface is golden.
- Remove from heat onto a paper toweled plate.