Don’t forget to check the main recipe that this side dish is part of by clicking here.
How to make Punjabi style fried fishPrint This
- 1 medium sized Tilapia fish (fillet and cut into small cube sized)
- 1 nos of fresh lime (squeeze out the juice)
- 130gm of chickpea flour
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp of red chili powder
- 1 tbsp of chat masala (optional)
- 2 tbsp of yogurt (optional)
- 1/2 a cup of water
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp of Ajwain (carom seeds)
- oil for deep frying
- First put in all the spices and ingredients in a bowl.
- Use your clean hand to mix it until they’re all thoroughly combined.
- Put in the fish fillet and properly cover all the parts of the fish.
- Cover the bowl with clingfilm then put it in the refrigerator and marinate it for 1 hour.
- After an hour, heat up the oil for deep frying in high flame.
- Take the fish out slowly one by one slowly put it into the hot oil and deep fry it .
- Cook it till the batter is golden brown.
- Place the fish in a serving dish , squeeze some lime all over it and sprinkle some Chat masala and some raw sliced red onions on top.
Now that you've done with the last of the side dish, enjoy your meal and do let us know how you fared.