This simple meal is made using ingredients that can be found in one’s refrigerator. Rather than coming up with some elaborate methods and ingredients, just dig through the ice box and voila, a new recipe is born.
This mouth-watering dish can be paired with Colby and Bleu Cheese Omelette or even better served as a side for chicken or lamb chops – according to your preference.
Click here to check out the recipe for this simple, cheesy omelette.
Recipe for Honey Teriyaki Mushroom with Chardonnay Butter SaucePrint This
- 300gm of fresh button mushrooms, halved (or you can mix it with Portobello mushrooms-quartered)
- 3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/3 cup (approx 80ml) of Chardonnay
- 2-3 tbsp of Honey Teriyaki Sauce by Kikokkoman (If using a plain Teriyaki sauce, just add one tbsp of honey in it)
- 1 stick of butter (approx 113gm)
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1/4 cup of water (approx 60ml
- some chopped parsley for garnish
- Rinse the mushroom with cool water and pat them dry with a paper towel. A word of caution: not to soak the mushrooms in water to prevent them from turning soggy.
- Heat up the olive oil in a pan with medium high heat, saute the chopped garlic for 1 minute
- Add in the mushrooms and saute for 2-3 minutes
- Add in water, stir for a minute
- Add in the Chardonnay, honey teriyaki sauce and butter.
- Stir well and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens
- Once it starts to simmer, turn off the heat and serve.
- You can garnish it with chopped parsley