Jeera rice is another dish that can be eaten together with Chapati and the other side dishes. It is much simpler to do than Briyani.
How To Make Jeera RicePrint This
- 1 cup of Basmati rice (extra long grain is used for this recipe)
- 2 cups of water (1 for soaking, and 2 for cooking)
- 1 tbsp of Ghee (any kinds of oil is fine if you don't have Ghee)
- 1/2 a stick of cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cardamoms
- 3 cloves
- 2 tsp of jeera (Cumin seeds)
- Fresh coriander leaves (for garnishing)
- Wash and soak the rice in a cup of water for 30 minutes, then drain the water and keep aside.
- Heat up a pan in medium heat with Ghee. Then add in the bay leaf, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and jeera seeds in the pan, stir it for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Then add in the rice and saute it properly about a minute or two.
- Transfer the rice into the rice cooker. Add 2 cups of water and salt , then let it cook until cooked.
- Once cooked , roughly chop the coriander, sprinkle it over the rice and slowly mix it well.
There you go - now you have a nice, hot rice to go with the rest of the side dishes you prepared.