After a busy week, i’m just like the usual self who love to stay home during the weekend. Was thinking whats for lunch? Then i start to begin dig into my fridge and see what am i gonna cook dinner. Usually if i never plan or decide what menu to cook, i usually will cook whatever i have in the kitchen. I saw salted egg, loads of chilies (cause i Lurveeeee spicy). In Malaysian household we always have fresh chili, what i like to do is make a jar of Sambal and keep it in the refrigerator so that you can use it anytime on any dish.
Alright let’s get into the dish that i’m planning to cook today. So i have salted egg like i mentioned it earlier , chilies, mushrooms , potatoes , dried shrimp , tomatoes. There is no meat or whatsoever so its kinda hard to think what are you going to cook with all this ingredients. And yes, i still have the leftover rice from yesterday, immediately i though of fried rice. I personally a fried rice lover, and i surely will pull off all this ingredient together. So i decided to cook Mushrooms and salted egg fried rice, and surprisingly it’s delicious.
Mushrooms & Salted Egg Fried RicePrint This
- - 2 Portions of Cooked (The best is overnight cooked rice kept in the refrigerator)
- - 2-3 Tbsp Oil
- - 1 Tbsp Dried Shrimps
- - 2 nos Salted eggs, boiled and separate the yolks and white, both slightly cut into small pieces( if you don't like it to be too salty,you can use one egg white)
- - 1 Red Onion, roughly chopped
- - 3-4 cloves Garlic, roughly chopped
- - 1 carrot, cut cube (optional)
- - 2 tomatoes , roughly chopped cube
- - 6-7 pieces Chinese Mushrooms, soaked in hot water till soft, then rinse it.
- - 50 gm Enoki Mushroom, around half bag (optional)
- - 2 Tsp Mushrooms Seasoning Powder
- - 1 Tsp Black pepper
- - Coriander, chopped as much as you like (For garnish)
- Heat up a big pan with oil on a medium high heat, if you have a wok that would be great. Once the oil is hot enough. Put in the dried shrimp give a stir for a minute or two. Then add in the yolks give it a good stir till you can see the yolks starts to bubble up. Once it bubbling up nicely, add in the garlic and onion and stir fry it for 2 minute till you can smell the fragrance of the garlic and well combined.
- Add in the Tomatoes, carrot, enoki and Chinese mushrooms. Stir fry it till the tomatoes is soft.
- Then add in the rice, chili, mushrooms seasoning and black pepper. Stir fry it till well combined. Don’t forget to taste your food before serving it.
- Garnish it with Cilantro
* For the Mushrooms seasoning you can substitute it to Vegetables seasoning or chicken seasoning powder. * In case you do not like Enoki or Chinese Dried Mushrooms, you can use any mushrooms you like. Cause this dish will always goes well with any mushrooms.