Subji loosely means ‘vegetable dish’. It can be used in connection with any vegetable. Subji can be dry, wet or in curry form. Subji is also known as bhaji or sabzi.
It’s good enough to eat on it’s own or as a side for Lime Rice.
How to make Punjabi Style Zucchini SubjiPrint This
- 1 Large Zucchini (chopped into small square cubes)
- 1 Medium Sized Red Onion (you can go ahead and add more if you love onions)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbs of Ginger (chopped or julienned)
- 1 tbs of Oil (any type will do)
- 1 tsp of Cumin Seed
- 1/2 tsp of Red Chili Flakes
- 1/2 tsp of Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp of Fennel Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 or 2 tbs of chopped cilantro
2. Add in cumin seed, ginger, and chopped onion. Slowly stir fry it for one minute.
3. Add in salt, red chili flakes, turmeric, garam masala, and fennel powder. Mix it well.
4. Add in the zucchini and mix till it’s well combined for 2- 3 minutes.
5. Beat up the eggs, and pour it in and mix well together with the Zucchini. Stir it well for 2 minutes.
6. Lastly add in the freshly chopped Cilantro and mix it well for few second and our Subji is ready to be served.
Hope you enjoy trying this recipe and do let us know how you fare!