This is one of those dish that you come up with randomly to match your cravings and to end up the experiment product went well. It definitely goes well with any Mexican or Punjabi Cuisine, with the slight hint of spice and a whole lot of tangyness coming from the Lime. A lightly flavoured rice yet refreshing to accompany any heavily spiced meal or any meaty and fat laden dish.
On the day I made this, I made Punjabi Style Zucchini Subji to accompany it. Those two paired deliciously well!
Hope my dearest readers fond of it and give it a try.
How to make Lime RicePrint This
- 2 cups of long grain rice
- 2 tbs of olive oil or ghee (both have their own individual taste)
- 3 nos of lime (squeezed)
- 2 tsp of lime zest (put aside)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 4 cups of water or chicken broth (use 1 tbs of chicken powder mixed in water if you do not have chicken broth, add more depending on how salty you want it to be)
- 1/2 green chili (chopped) keep some aside for garnish (Baklouti green chilies are good for its spiciness. You can use any green chili that you love or replace it with cilantro)
1. Add water or chicken stock in a rice cooker with the long grain rice, lime juice , chopped garlic, olive oil . Stir it all together and let it cook.
2. Once the rice has cooked, remove from the heat and stir in the lime zest and Green chili mixed it well.
Keep some lime zest and chilli for garnish.
A simple rice dish to accompany any meal. Give it a go and let us know. Take a picture of the end-product and post it up in instagram with the hashtag #noshandgrub. We will re-post and give you back a shout-out. Meanwhile enjoy trying!