I had the rice in the refrigerator lying next to the Sambal Ikan Bilis with Belimbing Buluh (the previous recipe). I didn’t give much thought to it and decided to combine both of them to make a simple meal. Yes, I could opt to heat up the rice and have the sambal by its side but where’s the fun in that? Since the sambal is hot, I tried to mild it down with Teriyaki Honey Sauce. It went well!
How To Make Sambal Fried RicePrint This
- Leftover Rice, 2 servings
- 5 Tbsp Sambal Ikan Bilis
- 5 shallots, peeled and sliced
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Honey Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 tbsp butter/margarine
- Heat the butter/ margarine in the wok
- Fry the sliced the shallots till caramelised
- Add in the sambal and stir evenly
- Add in rice next and mix well till everything is evenly distributed. Fry till you can hear the crackling sound, but without burning the rice. Always keep stirring.
- Make a well in the centre of the wok and break in the egg and scramble it, and stir along the rice together.
- Add in the teriyaki sauce, and mix well, and fry for two minutes.
- Pipping hot sambal fried rice is ready to be served.