I had the rice in the refrigerator lying next to the Sambal Ikan Bilis with Belimbing Buluh (the previous recipe). I didn’t give much thought to it and decided to combine both of them to make a simple meal. Yes, I could opt to heat up the rice and have the sambal by its side but where’s the fun in that? Since the sambal is hot, I tried to mild it down with Teriyaki Honey Sauce. It went well!
How To Make Sambal Fried RicePrint This
- Leftover Rice, 2 servings
- 5 Tbsp Sambal Ikan Bilis
- 5 shallots, peeled and sliced
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Honey Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 tbsp butter/margarine
- Heat the butter/ margarine in the wok
- Fry the sliced the shallots till caramelised
- Add in the sambal and stir evenly
- Add in rice next and mix well till everything is evenly distributed. Fry till you can hear the crackling sound, but without burning the rice. Always keep stirring.
- Make a well in the centre of the wok and break in the egg and scramble it, and stir along the rice together.
- Add in the teriyaki sauce, and mix well, and fry for two minutes.
- Pipping hot sambal fried rice is ready to be served.
Remember guys to Cook, Snap the picture of the finished product of the recipe that you tried from us, and post it in Instagram with the hashtag #noshandgrub. We will Re-Post it and give you a shout out!