How To Make Steamed Cod Fish with Chinese Rice WinePrint This
- 318g Cod Fish Steak
- 1/2 an inch Ginger, julienned (very thinly)
- 4 cloves Garlic, sliced thinly-crosswise
- 1 tsp Shao Hsing Hua Tiao Wine
- 6 slices of Ginger, approximately 2 inch long
- 1 stalk of Spring Onion (cut into strands)
- 1 Chili, cut into strips, (for garnishing)
- 1 tbsp Peanut Oil
- Oil for deep frying
- ~1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- ~1 pinch of Mushroom Seasoning (optional)
- ~1 tsp Sugar
- ~1 tbsp Hua Tio Wine
- ~2 tbsp Chicken Stock
- ~1 tsp Sesame Oil
- (mix all the ingredients under ~ in a small bowl)
- Heat up some hot oils in medium heat. Deep fry the ginger, here we want to slowly deep fry it till golden brown, too high a heat will burn it very fast. After that set aside.
- Fry the garlic, the same way as the ginger. Keep an eye on the flame and the garlic.
- Next, lay 3 of the sliced ginger on a steam-able plate ( big enough for steaming the cod fish).
- Season both sideS of the cod fish with pepper and place it on the plate
- Add the remaining 3 slices of ginger on top the fish.
- Measure up half a Tablespoon of Shao Hsing wine and pour it all over the fish.
- Steam the fish for 7-8 min
- Once the fish is cooked, slowly pour away the extra liquid from steaming .
- Remove the gingers that has been laid at the top and bottom of the fish.
- Pour in the mixed sauce on the fish.
- Top the fish with the fried ginger and garlic.
- In a clean small pan, heat up the peanut oil, then quickly pour on top of the fish
- Lastly, garnish with the chili and spring onion strands
Remember guys to Cook, Snap the picture of the finished product of the recipe that you tried from us, and post it in Instagram with the hashtag #noshandgrub. We will Re-Post it and give you a shout out!