Chinese sausage or lap cheong is a great item to be used in a variety of dishes, be it fried rice or just steam it to eat with white rice.
In this recipe, the lap cheong is used for the fried rice. You can also eat it with chicken cheese balls (recipe can be found here), but it’s optional.
Hope you enjoy the recipe and do let us know how you did.
XO Sauce Fried Rice with Chinese SausagePrint This
- Leftover cooked rice (serving two persons)
- 1 medium sized red onion (finely chopped)
- 3 cloves of smoked garlic (finely chopped) - you can use normal garlic, if you want
- 1 chinese sausage (also known as lap cheong - diced)
- 4-6 scallops (shredded)
- 2 tsp of XO sauce
- 1 tsp of chicken powder / salt
- 1 tsp of oyster sauce
- some white pepper (to dash over the rice)
- 1 stalk of spring onion (chopped)
- 1 stalk of parsley (chopped)
- Stir fry the onion, garlics and chinese sausage over medium heat
- After 2 minutes, put in the shredded scallops and saute it for about 1 minute
- Add on the XO sauce, oyster sauce, chicken powder and the white pepper
- Saute it for a few seconds and then put in the rice and mix well and cooked
- Once mixed well, put in the chopped parsley and spring onion and mix well for a few seconds
Serve it with or without the chicken cheese ball. If you do try this recipe and post it on Instagram, do use the hashtag #noshandgrub so that we can see your awesome cooking.